Friday, July 18, 2008

seriously.

what is the deal with the catch-22 of science?

really?

every job needs a master's degree. or 1-5 years of experience.

oh, wait, here's an entry level position.

"excellent opportunity for students. Minimum requirements: 1-3 years experience in similar lab environment with a Bachelor's degree in related field. no official lab experience excluding college labs is acceptable with a minimum of a Master's degree in related field."

yeah. entry level...who knew it meant absolutely squat!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg. arg. argargarg.

and I apparently picked the worst state to become an EMT in, and the way things are working out I won't be able to apply for jobs as an EMT until late august if I'm lucky, september if I'm not, and our old landlord hasn't given us our deposit back yet, which we kind of maybe needed to pay things like, you know, rent and loans, but hell, we don't need food, really, and sure we can continue abusing the grace and generosity of my parents because we still haven't started our payment schedule for our car loan and if I apply for a different job (which basically would be retail, since science jobs suck and don't consider college lab or field experience to be field experience despite the fact that that's the whole point of taking the fucking lab/field classes to begin with) then I've essentially wasted 3,000 dollars on an EMT class. and...grumblegrumble...

What. The. Fuck.

I'm sorry. I blame Orvis for my language, just like I blamed Johnny after I got off the boat. yes, there is a profession that- at the very least ties, if not exceeds- sailors for profanity use.

on a lighter note, I saw an episode of Survivorman where he went to Baffin Island. there were several times when my evil marmot was saying "...psh. pansy." man has no idea how to build a snow cave. you build down, not up. down good, up bad. up good for lunchtime windbreak, and if you're building an igloo, fat rectangular cubes are your friends, not skinny slabs.

and the cat is still cute, although still enamoured of the 'attack-the-form-under-the-blanket-at-0300' polar bear stomp.

and that's basically keeping me from sheer and utter insanity. that, and mountains = t-7 days.

mmmountains.

No comments: