Friday, April 24, 2009

Got out of town on a boat for the southern islands...

I stole this from Pixiethief, who stole it from someone else in turn.

01. Make a list of 5 things you can see:
1.) Kittens attempting to kill each other
2.) the project bin that's achieved sentience (or at least sexual maturation. it's breeding. trust me. that half-spun green fleece was not there yesterday.)
3.) My poor lily-of-the-valley plant that needs water.
4.) the nerdiest guitar hero guitar ever.
5.) The wiifit, which is frowning in disapproval at me.


02. WHAT'S THE FIRST SCAR YOU EVER GOT?
The bump on my lip and eyebrow slice from faceplanting onto an ice slide in 4th grade is the earliest thing I remember. (They match nicely with the scar from sticking a braces bracket through my lip faceplanting off a 60-in play ball, which lines up perfectly with the scar from faceplanting into a slate-bottomed stream (sensing a theme? hey, at least I saved the camera!*) and makes it sort of look like I was in a knife fight.) I'm sure I have something from earlier. Mom?

03. Is there anything in your fridge right now that you would never eat/drink?
Matt's French's mustard. *shudder*

04. What's your occupation?
Sir/Ma'am-I'm-an-EMT-can-I-help-you?

05. Do you nap a lot?
Not really. I tend to need more than 3 hours or less than 10 minutes. I do a lot of middle-distance staring, though, which might count.

06. What was your first celebrity crush?
Adrian Paul. or Johnny Depp. But most likely Adrian Paul.

07. What's your current fandom/obsession/addiction?
Firefly, making sure the eel is still alive, iced espresso con panna from the little italian cafe, the next Dresden book.

08. What are you listening to right now?
Bill Maher.

09. What was the last text message you received?
Something from Mom, I think.

10. What websites do you always visit when you go online?
Gmail, Ravelry, several webcomics.

11. What was the last thing you bought?
Saline.

12. Cutest thing you have seen today?
Raz pleading for my ice cream.

13. Does the weather affect your mood?
not usually. unless it's snowing. then I get ridiculously happy. Snow!

14. What is your zodiac sign?
Gemini

15. Pets?
Jayne, the box dropping man ape gone wrong kitty, and Raziel, the crazy psycho jungle kitty that I wanted to name Mister since he's huge and grey, but The Boy wasn't interested. two bettas, a goldfish named Aurelius, an african dwarf frog named La Grenouille, an eel named Amore, and a smattering of white cloud minnows, blue danios, and longfin cherry barbs.

16. A saying you live by/that you have remembered and has inspired you?
From Mr Nyline (my band director at Luther, said after every band rehearsal.):
Stay out of work, stay out of trouble, stay out of jail. (sometimes he ended with "Stay hungry.")

17. What is the story behind your username?
I think it was james or xander who first started calling me marmot, which is one of the few nicknames that stuck, and I knit, so...marmotknit. (my old lj was picklechild, which has a long and mostly-inappropriate backstory involving the renaissance festival and the pickle sellers.)

18. What's something you'd like to say to someone right now?
I caaaaan't take any more songs with the word 'shawtie' in it. OMGMAKEITSTOP.

19. What are your plans for next weekend?
not sure yet. The Boy has to work, so probably nothing exciting.

20. Say something to the person who tagged you:
rather existential since no one tagged me.

*so I'm towards the rear of my classmates, and we're sprawled over a wide swath of vidda hiking back to civilization, and I'm fording a stream. For the record, slate + a few inches of really cold water = slippery rocks that slide around amongst themselves. I slip. My camera is around my neck and one shoulder, standard carry position, and as I'm falling I take it in one hand to keep it out of the water or from being smashed between me and the rocks. This leaves me with one hand to stop me and my giant-ass purple pack from going splat. I retain the presence of mind to not stop myself with an outstretched hand, and smack the ground. Ow. Get up, inspect camera- a little bend on the filter edge, but that's ok. why does my lip hurt? *prod* oh, look, lots of blood. I look up and Levi is standing next to me, observing the events of the past few seconds. he hands me a cloth of some ilk, then steps back and shakes his head slightly, saying only "...Foto." (the shorthand for our photography class.) Four stitches (sans novocaine! OW bloody OW!) and I'm impersonating angelina jolie for a week.

No comments: