1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love knitting with anything that feels great. Wool is probably my favorite, or a wool blend. Knitting with fuzzy stuff can be fun too. I don't like the fake-sticky-plasticky feeling yarns. never tried ribbons.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
at the moment? whatever they're currently knitting and a big plastic baggie.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting since 2001. I'd consider my skill level to be intermediate-advanced unless I'm supposed to be reading a pattern. then it's closer to intermediate. (I learned from friends in norway who learned from their grandmothers of the "look at it and knit it" school.)
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an amazon list, but it hasn't been updated in forever. I'll get on that, I guess.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
clean woodsy scents- actually pretty much anything not overly powerful or sweet
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Hi-Chew is my current favorite- it's amazing taffy kind of like starbursts but better. it's japanese and hard to find though, so I content myself with interesting chocolates and peanut M&Ms.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I crochet, I make my own knifehilts, sew sometimes, I weave fringes on shawls, and I would dearly like to spin but all I've done so far is rough "spinning" with the kids at camp using downweighted drop spindles.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like pretty much everything except really drawly country and really hard rap
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I tend to not like baby pinks and pastels, but anything can be great when paired with the right colors, so there really isn't a color I can't stand. I tend to wear more saturated colors and fall colors, I guess.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a fiance and a fish.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
yes, yes, yes, and not really.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like knitting wristlets and mittens and scarves/shawls- thought I have a few sweaters/vesty things that once I muster up the courage I'll try.
13. What are you knitting right now?
a pair of wristlets, a Dr Who scarf, two shawls and a scarflet, and another jayne hat
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
both, actually. circulars for scarfy/shawly/hat things, straight for everything else. I love bamboo, plastic's ok, and aluminium is okay but it makes a lot more noise when you drop an aluminium needle than when you drop a bamboo in class.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
my mom has both and I can't remember if one of them is stealable. so...no?
17. How did you learn to knit?
moved to norway, lived with two knitters in my dorm, and they were able to make knitting stick in my head
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
if you count the lost other photography glove as a UFO, then 5 years.
19. What is your favorite holiday?
hm...17. May, and Halloween, I suppose.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
interesting random music, interesting rocks for inclusion into jewellery, chopsticks (for hair or food)
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't really know- probably a good encyclopaedia of stitch techniques and their abbreviations. I don't have any subscriptions.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
armholes. better thumb making techniques.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I haven't yet, but not for any reason other than I've never done it before.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)